Signing the Olderworkers Pledge
The research is well and truly in and not changing. Older jobseekers (definition is those over 45) are out of work on average twice as long as their younger counterparts. Over 50 percent of them have experienced age-discrimination. Demographics show Australia’s population is ageing; so is the workforce. Forward thinking companies, small, medium and large are already planning for a multi-generational workforce consisting of new and existing older workers.
The Older Workers Pledge is designed to:
- Encourage employers to recruit, retrain and retain older workers through appropriate processes
- Invite age-friendly employers to become Employers of Choice for Older Workers
- Recognise and reward those companies already undertaking age-friendly work practices through the Corporate Champions program
- Provide mature age jobseekers access to jobs with age-friendly employers so they can confidently apply for jobs that are advertised on www.olderworkers.com.au
As an “Employer of Choice for Older Workers” you will be well placed to take advantage of skill shortages and attract a large and growing number of mature age workers to your organisation.
The process is easy.
- Simply download the pledge form below and email a scanned copy of the completed form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Understanding the benefits of older workers, already some of Australia’s largest and well-known industry leaders have signed up to the Older Workers Pledge. Corporate Champions are automatically accepted upon signed application.
For further information contact Judy at: email@example.com
The Older Workers Pledge is proudly supported by the Diversity Council of Australia and Susan Ryan, Age Discrimination Commissioner