Apprenticeship Water and Sewerage Treatment Operations Trainee
Job Type:Full Time
Roads and Drainage / Infrastructure Services Directorate
Temporary Full Time – 9 Day Fortnight
The Whitsunday Regional Council is situated at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The region encompasses the 74 tropical Whitsunday Islands, the coastal towns of Cannonvale, Airlie Beach, Jubilee Pocket, Shute Harbour and Bowen along with the rural towns of Proserpine and Collinsville. The Whitsunday region offers a dynamic environment and is perfectly placed to live, work, play and invest.
Council is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person to undertake a Traineeship in Water and Sewerage Treatment Operations. Funding for this position has been provided to Council through the Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative – First Start Program. The program aims to provide young people and disadvantaged Queensland job seekers with opportunities to gain a nationally recognised qualification and twelve (12) months on the job experience.
The apprenticeship will involve undertaking tasks such as assessing and repairing structures and facilities, including but not limited to maintain and fixing piping systems, water regulators as well as maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage system. Further tasks include assessing damage on stormwater drains and checking for signs of wear and tear such as cracks or leakages.
To be eligible you must be:
- aged 15 years or older and no longer at school; and
- able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake an apprenticeship; and
In addition to the above, to be eligible you must be able to identify with at least one of the following:
- a young person (aged 15-24 years), including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care;
- a long-term unemployed job seeker;
- a mature-age job seeker (aged 45 years or older);
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person;
- a migrant or refuge from a culturally and linguistically diverse background;
- a person with a disability;
- a displaced worker (retrenched or redundant);
- a woman re-entering the workforce;
- a veteran, ex-ADF personnel or their family member.
- C Class Manual Driver’s Licence
- Occupational Health and Safety Construction Induction White Card
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces
To apply click the ‘Apply’ button above. For any further information regarding this role, please contact a member of our Human Resources team on (07) 4761 3615
Council practices Equal Employment Opportunities and Workplace Health and Safety Principles
Postal Address: PO Box 104, Proserpine QLD 4800
How to Apply
Please Click On Direct Link
4898 total views, 6 today