Trainee Finance Officer
Burke Shire Council is seeking applications for the position of Trainee Finance Officer, to be based in our Cairns office.
This position is responsible for the support of Accounts payable functions and support of the Finance Department in matters relating to accounts receivables, payroll, filing, audit and general customer service for internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate is required to have:
- Basic level of knowledge of Accounts Payable functions
- Well developed computer skills, particularly in MS Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Furthermore, you will be enrolled in formal training relevant to your field. You should also be willing to complete any other training required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
This position is partially funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business & Training as part of the “First Start Program”. To be eligible to apply, candidates must identify with one of the following groups:
- young people (aged 15–24 years)
- long-term unemployed job seekers and women re-entering the workforce
- mature-age job seekers (aged 45 years or older) and displaced workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- migrants and refugees from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds
- People with Disability
- Veterans, ex-ADF personnel and their families.
Application Deadline: 12/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: $26,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- High School (Year 12) (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
4014 total views, 6 today