Full Time Service Delivery Manager
Founded in Sydney, Australia, and headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Sourced Group is the market leader in providing cloud transformation services to the most highly regulated, security-conscious organizations globally. With operations in Australia, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, and the United States, we work with the Global 200 to drive business transformation through Cloud and I.T. services. Sourced Group is an AWS Premier Partner, Microsoft Azure Gold Managed Partner, Google Premier Partner. Sourced has worked extensively in financial services and regulated enterprises such as the top banks in Canada, Australia, and Singapore, as well as airlines and telecommunications companies. After recent successes, Sourced Group is continuing to expand its footprint around the world.
Here at Sourced, we are committed to providing a rewarding, enjoyable, balanced workplace, and career path for our employees. We value authentic, self-driven people, who aspire to grow personally and professionally, and are committed to delivering excellence in all areas.
Our company Values are Integrity, Innovation, Service, Quality, Humility, and Sustainability.
The Service Delivery Manager position offers an excellent career and growth opportunity for a talented and highly motivated professional with significant prior experience in I.T. operations and technical cloud operations.
Sourced is a small company that makes a tremendous impact and has specific knowledge and experience working in sophisticated, often complicated, and generally extensive, regulated environments. Our people are fearless and work in partnership with both client leadership and engineering teams to build world-class public cloud solutions in regulated and security-conscious verticals.
Reporting to the regional Head of Managed Services, this newly created position is responsible for leading a team of enthusiastic, capable, and motivated cloud operations engineers within the North American Region, as well as operational interlocks with other regions. The role is responsible for building, mentoring, and scaling the team and building and strengthening relationships with our key managed services clients.
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of passionate technical leaders to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud platform operations. You will work one-on-one with our top-tier customers and partners, supporting not only the software development lifecycle as it applies to the cloud services but also the operations management of active services, and business relationships between the Customer, Sourced Group, and partners (such as Microsoft, AWS, and application development partners).
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build and expand our operational capabilities for cloud platform management. You must possess customer-facing skills that enable you to represent the Sourced team, our capabilities, and our services within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers to build mature, stable, and secure operational cloud platforms.
As a Service Delivery Manager, you will be the primary operational point of contact for one or more customers, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business-critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience, troubleshooting application, network, database, and architectural challenges, as well as guiding the team in using the suite of cloud-native and internal tools to drive operational excellence. You will, in tandem with the Technical Lead / Architect, work across the customer organization to ensure applications are well designed, scale to their needs, maintain uptime whilst addressing any concerns regarding lifecycle, risk, and change impact. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the Customer within Sourced to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Each day will bring new challenges to which you will need to adapt and respond. Customer centricity, tenacity, and a sense of urgency will all contribute to your success in this role. You will:
- Champion and advocate on behalf of Customer(s) within Sourced, to be their voice within the organization.
- Act with a sense of urgency, be agile and pragmatic, and foster cross-team collaboration.
- Solve technical issues, work directly with your team of managed services engineers, as well as escalate to subject-matter experts, and work directly with the cloud service provider(s) (AWS and Azure) to ensure customer issues are mitigated and resolved in an expeditious manner.
- Facilitate and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for long term successful deployment and operational stability.
- As required, define I.T. and business processes that work well with your customers’ expectations to streamline the performance of the services which we provide.
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans, as well as to provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, and detailed prelaunch planning.
- Analyze and present operational reviews to customer leadership, as well as roadmap and service improvement plans.
Desired Skills and Experience
While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience, to be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5-7 years plus of relevant experience in I.T. operations, technical consulting, or related industry experience in digital transformation, preferably in verticals such as financial services or the public sector.
- Familiarity with Enterprise operations would be preferable, including ITSM, ITIL v3+, as well as SAFe/Scaled Agile etc.
- Have a natural problem-solving mindset, be detail-oriented with a creative flair and a bias for action.
- Relevant experience in project-based, team-oriented environments and a track record of leading or working in teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced and demanding environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to conduct and leverage sophisticated analyses to identify trends, draw conclusions and present recommendations.
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program, ideally being a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Exposure working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is advantageous, including DevOps, CI/CD, etc.
- A thorough understanding of cybersecurity, I.T. risk & control practices in cloud-based environments highly advantageous.
- Agile approach in personal work style, with ability to be flexible and adept in dealing with and resolving ambiguity.
Sourced offers huge growth opportunities in an innovative, collaborative, and inclusive environment. We have regular team social events, personalised career development plans, supportive management and team members, training budget to utilise every year, monthly educational workshops, global relocation packages, as well as a generous employee share option plan! We provide opportunities to work on challenging technology solutions, whilst encouraging and aiding the ongoing professional development of our team.
Sourced Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse, and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
How to Apply
Please apply via employer link
648 total views, 5 today