Full Time Senior Traffic Engineer
Work on small and large projects for a diverse client group across Australia * Based in our global headquarters in Fortitude Valley with WFH options and flexible working arrangements available * Strong culture of professional development and ongoing training available
Cardno’s growing Transport team is currently seeing a Senior Traffic Engineer to join our Brisbane team. Our Transport Advisory team is recognised as a leader in the provision of traffic and transport solutions for a large variety of clients across Australia. You will be responsible for providing accurate and efficient traffic engineering, planning and transport analysis/modelling for key projects.
Our Fortitude Valley office is conveniently located within a few minutes’ walk to the train station and secure parking. We are surrounded by cafes and restaurants in the bustling King Street precinct and our modern office is state of the art with natural lighting and greenery throughout. With Cardno’s “Work Your Way” policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include –
- Providing accurate and efficient traffic engineering advice for a variety of clients from private developers, local council and state government
- Contributing to technical assessment in respect of traffic engineering, car parking, transport design, road safety, traffic management, active transport and public transport
- Contributing to design, planning and modelling solutions for greenfields developments, strategic planning and Movement & Place projects
- Preparation and revision of technical documentation
- Development of new and maintenance of existing client relationships
- Supervision, development and mentoring of junior technical staff
To be successful you will display –
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related discipline (ideally with a Traffic/Transport major)
- RPEQ and/or CPEng status (desirable) or commitment to achieving certification
- Demonstrated 7 + years in traffic engineering or transport planning
- Demonstrated industry practice with relevant technical standards (RPDM, Austroads, MUTCD)
- Experience with SIDRA, Word and Excel
- Experience with Australian major transport authorities including Department of Transport & Main Roads
- An in-depth knowledge of industry practice, local TMR Standards and other road planning and assessment standards
- Desire and ability to mentor and upskill a team through highly developed interpersonal skills
- A client service focus with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation and the desire to drive projects forward to success
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
6721 total views, 1 today