Retail Customer Service Officer Melbourne GPO 12 Month Fixed Term Part Time
Job no: 53674537
Brand: Australia Post
Categories: Retail & Customer Service
Work type: Fixed Term Part Time
Every year, all over Australia, around one million customers walk into one of Australia Post’s 4,400 Post Offices. And it’s our retail teams who make sure that every experience they have is a great one.
So if you have not just a knack for great customer service, but a real passion for connecting with people from all walks of life, then you’ve come to the right place.
About the role
Postal Services Officers are members of the teams that work in our Post Offices, offering the full range of Australia Post products and services. We solve problems, find solutions, help out and pitch in – while always looking for ways to make our customers’ days too.
A day in the Post Office could see you:
- Performing customer sales and service transactions
- Maintaining a cash advance accurately – which includes handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards and EFTPOS
- Promoting and processing a broad range of financial agency transactions through Australia Post’s technology systems
- Conducting and processing a number of identity services transactions, including Australian Passport Interview – establishing an applicant’s identity with a highest levels of accuracy and compliance
- Promoting our products and services through up-selling and cross-selling, merchandising and other promotional activities
- Accepting mail items for lodgement, and accurately assessing any applicable charges
- Building rewarding relationships with customers by understanding their needs
- Preparing outward mail for despatch through – including presentation and the cancelling of stamps
- Assisting with administrative duties such as stocktaking and record maintenance
- Maintaining commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Working up to 25 hours per week weekdays between 8:45am to 5.15pm (usually in 4-5 hour shifts).
What are we looking for?
Besides being a friendly, considerate person with a real passion for great customer service, you’ll need to be able to:
- Lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly
- Stand up for most of your shift
- Be flexible for additional hours, as well as changing shift times or locations
- Work as part of a team to deliver the best possible service and solutions to our customers
The Australia Post philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.
We’re working hard to create an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
How to Apply
4257 total views, 6 today