Full Time Residential Services Assistant
Residential Services Assistant
Department James Thomas Court
Fixed Term Part Time (Maternity Leave replacement until 10 May 2022)
56 hours per fortnight
Ballarat Health Services is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Residental Services Assistant and work in the James Thomas Court
Successful applicants will possess a high degree of flexibility and initiative, have an eye for detail and a willingness to learn. Applicants must possess a current Food Handling Certificate (HLTFSE001 – Follow Basic Food Handling Practices).
James Thomas Court is one of the oldest aged care facilities within Ballarat Health Services. It supports 34 residnets and 15 transitional care program clients. With a staffing model of Personal carer Assistants, Enrolled Nursing and Registered Nurse workforce. James Thomas Court prides itself on creating a homely enviroment, where residnets feel safe and are encouraged to maintain their independence.
Working within a multidisciplinary team you will be expected to facilitate and foster best practise and service delivery to our clients and their families within the James Thomas Court department.
Suitable applicants must also demonstrate competence in the following behaviours:
- Initiating Action
- Work Standards
- Stress Tolerance
- Managing Work (including Time Management)
Being part of a team that values Leadership and Excellence in Healthcare, you will work in first class facilities that maximises care, compassion, individual choice and quality outcomes for all clients and patients.
We are looking for applicants with a passion for aged care, a strong focus on resident centred care and who can demonstrate an ability to work within our organisational values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability and Compassion.
If you feel that you are suited to this exciting opportunity, applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e-recruit portal. If you have any further enquiries please contact Michelle Monger on 53350505.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
- Essential : Have you successfully attained HLTFSE001 – Follow Basic Food Safety Practices?
- Essential : Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Describe a procedure you have used to keep track of items requiring your attention. Tell me about a time when you used this procedure (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the
- Essential : At one time or another, we’ve all forgotten to do something important for an internal/external customer. Tell me about a time when this happened to you?
- Essential : We’ve all been in situations in which we couldn’t complete everything we needed to on time. Tell me about a time when this happened to you (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the outcome was)
- Essential : Tell me what each of the following values mean to you and provide an example of when you have demonstrate each value at work? Teamwork, Respect, Accountability and Compassion.
- Essential : What does resident centered care mean to you? Can you give us an example of when you have demonstrated resident centered care?
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
1598 total views, 9 today