Contract/Temp Prison Administration Clerk
$59,305 – $63,942 a year
Full Job Description
Prison Administration Clerk (Various)
Department of Justice
Tasmania Prison Service
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 24 July, 2022 11:55 PM
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people living with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and LGBTIQ+ people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
One fixed term role until 19 June 2025.
One fixed term role until 3 October 2023.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight as part of a 7 day roster including some weekend work. Penalty rates apply for weekend work.
- Undertake reception duties at the Visitor Reception Centre, including telephone reception, booking visits, receipting of prisoner property, registration of biometric data and responding to general enquiries.
- Undertake financial tasks including receipting of monies, processing of prisoner requests and financial transactions, together with the reconciliation and banking of monies.
- Perform various administrative functions including drafting of correspondence, screening of visitor applications, management of electronic diaries and filing of documentation.
- Process mail, incoming and outgoing, in accordance with organisation policy and procedures.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying jobs at this classification level.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19, or granted an exemption by the Head of Agency. Please see the Statement of Duties for further information or call the contact person with any questions.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
About the Department of Justice (Tasmania Prison Service).DOCX
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV. We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please note if you submit the details of your referees with your application the Selection Panel may contact them without notifying you.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants (DOJ)’ document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 3445
For more information
Manager, Prisoner Activities
Phone: 0429 467 552
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
3643 total views, 6 today