Full Time Principal, Technical Business Analyst
About the role
We’re in a phase of growth – join our team and make a difference. You’ll be more than “just a number”. You’ll be helping to position a multi-billion-dollar, multinational company for the future.
The Data & AI Team is a specialist practice within reecetech. Our mandate is to weave intelligent, responsible, and consistent data use into improving our customers and people’s lives every day. We believe realising value from data requires multidisciplinary teams of data practitioners and a collaborative culture that truly seeks to embed and understand Reece’s business and customers.
Technical Business Analysts work at the intersection of data, business process and technology. They bring a blend of commercial acumen and technical skills to bridge the gap between our teams and customers’ challenges and the data and technology we use to deliver value . As a valued member of our Technical Business Analysis function, the role is critical not only to developing and commercialising new analytical solutions, products, and services.
This is a newly created role. You will work with the Head of Data & AI and senior founding team in helping establish the function while working across a strategic, diverse portfolio. Our in-flight work programs include building extensible analytical data platforms, developing data products and services, and delivering best practice advisory. As part of multidisciplinary delivery teams, you will:
- Identify and shape new opportunities for Reece to leverage advancements within cloud data technologies (e.g. distributed storage and computing technologies) and related fields to augment our current offerings, and drive the development of new products and services
- Work closely with the Data & AI practice leadership and colleagues to create and drive the overall Data & AI roadmap aligned with Reece’s strategic priorities, particularly with a focus on managing data as an asset
- Lead the thinking, design and delivery of capabilities to drive Reece-wide data understanding, such as defining the logical data models, mappings to enterprise modelled datasets.
- Define the practical and scalable approaches to the discovery and documentation of the business process, batch / real-time / API interfaces and APIs
- Work with Principals within Data Enrichment to drive the establishment of master data management and metadata management capability at Reece
- Develop extensible data requirements gathering and scoping frameworks in consideration of the diversity of Reece’s business units,
- Establishing delivery disciplines within the Business Analysis team that enable consistent identification and communication of requirement risks, issues, dependencies and learnings as uncovered through your analysis
- Lead the delivery on key aspects of data-driven solutions, working on practising consistency and rigour in deep-diving into data sets to answer key business questions while interfacing business and reecetech teams
- Contribute to Reece-wide data & AI literacy, particularly around data analysis, management and handling best practice.
- Exceptional understanding of Reece’s data systems, structures and architecture
- Work with other Data Principals to establish modern delivery frameworks that optimise our ability to deliver value
- Actively shape best practice business analysis methods and disciplines (e.g. repeatable quality assurance processes and testing) supporting flexibility and speed to value
- Evolve business analysis methods and disciplines in line with Reece’s changing data landscape across business systems and applications
- Adopt a customer-centric mindset on all projects, meeting and exceeding Reece’s responsible data use principles and commitments
- Bring thought leadership Reece-wide to shape the thinking on responsible and intelligent data use, particularly around a sustained approach to documenting and maintaining our data assets and infrastructure
You are a skilled, commercially astute analytical data professional. You recognise that the customer is at the heart of everything we do, and you thrive on making the lives of our customers and people better.
You appreciate a diverse environment with a flat hierarchy, a flexible workplace, logical and intuitive thinking styles, extrovert and introvert personalities.
You have sound technical expertise in data discovery, interrogation and analysis methods, along with experience working credibly with business and technical stakeholders translating strategic objectives to technical requirements and sound execution plans. Also, you:
- Live out an ethos of authenticity, empathy, integrity, excellence and humility. We stand for a non-zero-sum culture, building each other up to achieve more than the sum of parts –– together.
- Are tenacious, curious, bring a growth mindset and critical thinking to everything you do
- Bring a track record working with data in analytics, engineering, data lakes or warehouse environments
- Bring a track record in developing detailed data specifications, business analysis, scoping & requirements frameworks
- Have experience with data interrogation tools and platforms
- Have strong analytical, comprehension and translation skills to discuss complex business needs to technical specifications
- Have a strong understanding of the use of metadata tools/methods in capturing data flows across an enterprise, both within and between systems/applications, as it relates to business processes
- Have advanced SQL skills, and while not mandatory, NoSQL skills are beneficial
- Have advanced knowledge of database concepts
- Are experienced in Agile Principals and working environments/disciplines
- Are an expert at navigating diverse business systems data structures
- Can appropriately identify high-value objectives and plot a delivery course through ambiguous environments
- Can translate strategic objectives into executable roadmaps, as well as orient multidisciplinary teams within practical delivery models to ensure successful roadmap execution
- Exercise mature, objective and sound judgement while adapting to evolving needs and dependencies across the business
- Bring a track record working with multidisciplinary teams in delivering data-enabled solutions
- Have a high degree of organisation and ability to exercise sound judgement in prioritising high-value competing priorities to deliver on-time, to-specification
- Develop credibility with stakeholders at all levels of the business, and build trusted effective working relationships
- Demonstrate initiative staying up to date with advancements in data-related disciplines, and proactively apply new learnings to improve problem-solving
- Challenge established ways of doing business while influencing desired outcomes, prioritise competing business priorities, and meeting company vision and strategy
At reecetech and Reece Group, everyone is valued and recognised for their ability to collaborate, explore, experiment, reflect, learn, innovate, adjust, and share, to improve every day. If you want to work with great people in a supportive environment, put your career first – apply today! #LI-DNI
reecetech is the technology division for the Reece Group. We’re building a world-class engineering culture – designing and building products our customers and staff love, and solving hard problems using the latest technology.
We pride ourselves on being entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical, fast, and creating massive impact by powering the Reece Group.
We’re proud to support our customers who provide essential services to keep the community safe, healthy, and well. Whether that’s keeping the water running, the heating and cooling on, maintaining refrigeration, or supporting our infrastructure.
About Reece Group
The Reece Group is a purpose and values led organisation. With over 800 branches and 7,800 staff across Australia, New Zealand, and the US, the Group is a leading distributor of plumbing, waterworks, and HVAC-R products. We care about our customers, employees, and our community – we do this through The Reece Grant and our innovative CSR program, Reece Cares.
No agencies or third-party resumes
How can you build a career with Reece.
Reece is different. We’re a successful company that doesn’t like to make a fuss of our success. We’re a big business that works hard to retain the great things from when we were a small business.
We value common sense as highly as a university degree. We encourage people to have a go and don’t mind if they fail. We promote people based on performance, not age.
Reece is a place where people make a real difference. And that’s the secret to our success – having the right people, with the right attitude in the right roles.
We’re looking for the right people now. People who like people. People who like to talk but also like to listen. People who like to perform. People who can recognise an opportunity and seize it. People who are prepared to promote themselves.
Read on. You will quickly discover whether you might be the right person, and whether we might be the right place for your career.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
How to Apply
Apply via company link below
1971 total views, 5 today