Full Time Media & Communications Specialist
Media & Communications Specialist
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Media Communications Specialist at Perth Head Office, on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Media Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for identifying and delivering proactive and reactive media messaging aligned with the media strategy and engagement plan, including developing multichannel content in collaboration with the S&C function.
Acts as a media liaison and spokesperson as required, including on-call and after hours, and develops and supports media capability across the business to ensure consistent messaging and effective media engagement aligned with strategic objectives.
- Responsible for effectively managing media relationships on behalf of Western Power
- Enhance and protect corporate reputation and brand in the media
- Act as a media spokesperson on operational matters including outside of business hours
- Develop and implement media strategy, including media engagement plan, to ensure Western Power’s corporate reputation is protected and enhanced
- Provide strategic media and external communications advice to the business, including producing multichannel and social platform content as needed, as part of a collaborative team
- Media monitoring and reporting that informs and engages key internal stakeholders on our media activity
- Media and communications representative on the emergency management team during issues and/or crisis management
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Tertiary qualification in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a media relations, external communications or similar position within a large organisation
- Ability to develop and implement external media and communications plans that achieve objectives, including media training program
- Proven experience as a media spokesperson
- Proven experience in issues and crisis/emergency management
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Expertise in stakeholder relationship management, both internal and external to the organisation
- Availability to work on a roster system (limited weekend work) and participate in an on-call capacity
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 – 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to be launching our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 29th July 2022
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
3773 total views, 4 today