Manager Corporate Communications & Marketing
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the General Manager, Customer & Strategy you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Manager Corporate Communications & Marketing you’ll be is responsible for the information and implementation of strategic communications, marketing, media, government affairs and corporate partnership initiatives that enhance and protect the reputation of Melbourne Water. In this role you will:
- Provide proactive provision of high level, strategic media and issues management advice to MW’s Leadership Team and Direct Reports on matters which affect Melbourne Water’s reputation and relationships.
- Deliver leadership of Melbourne Water’s strategic external communications program and organisation-wide corporate communications activities.
- Provide insights to the strategic positioning and management of Melbourne Water’s media presence to build and protect Melbourne Water’s reputation.
- Development of media programs, announcements and outcomes analysis to positively influence the opinions and actions of key public stakeholder groups.
- Management of government affairs overseeing the day to day communications with the Ministers Office, DEWLP and other key government departments.
- Strategically manage key relationships and provide coordination across MW and government as required on issues and operational incidents.
- Build and broaden relationships with key partners which are aligned to Melbourne Water’s corporate priorities.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Growth & Development
We’re a curious bunch at Melbourne Water and relish any opportunity to learn something new. We are in the business of enhancing life and liveability, which lends itself to re-imagining what’s possible and challenging the status quo. We offer a variety of learning opportunities; from formal development programs, digital learning content and lunch & learns; to visiting our sites and getting to see our initiatives and projects first hand. We believe that learning happens every day, so we support our people to continuously learn and experiment in the flow of their work, designing their own development path.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse grounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Confident public speaker and spokesperson
- Similar experience managing senior relationships in a Government and/or Infrastructure organisation
- High level of expertise in communications, media, government affairs and marketing
- Knowledge of the IAP2 principles for community engagement desirable
- Experience working in and influencing cross-functional teams, and an ability to gain the support and confidence of others – including senior management and key stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including proven capacity for successful negotiation and influence in challenging and complex stakeholder environments
- Capacity to continuously improve processes and services to build customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated ability to innovate and unlock value for both Melbourne Water and its customers and the community.
- Proven judgment working in a corporate environment with complex issues, programs and stakeholders.
- Ability to use initiative and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and judgement while maintaining a customer, community and stakeholder focused approach.
- An understanding of government practices with experience working in politically sensitive environments.
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a Tertiary qualification in Communications, Media and Government relations, Public Relations or Business.
Candidates who are Media trained, and confident in providing Media Training within a business will be highly regarded.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: SUNDAY 28 MARCH 2021 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment is required for this position.
Please not there is a requirement for oncall hours across emergency & incident management within this role.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
332 total views, 4 today