Contract/Temp Head of Innovation Practice
$166,050 – $202,950 (pro-rata)
Fixed-term 9 months (with potential to be extended)We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.Together we Make the DifferenceCityLab exists to ‘make government work better for everyone’ and at our core, delivering value for people, place and planet is what we’re all about. It is a space to challenge our current ways of working; help envisage new possible futures; prototype and experiment with new ideas; and coach and up-skill City of Melbourne people along the way. CityLab is seen as a role model for visionary thinking, collaboration, and experimentation for the City of Melbourne (CoM), our community and external partners. As a diverse team of thinkers, makers, dreamers, and doers. CityLab balances infinite possibility with getting it done.
As a leading local government, the City of Melbourne aims to achieve our goal for Melbourne to be a bold, inspirational, and sustainable city. Each year we deliver a vast range of projects and programs, designed to ensure we remain one of the world’s most sustainable, accessible, and equitable cities.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…You will play a pivotal role, in shaping and delivering the next iteration of CityLab as we mature the design-led innovation and transformation function for the City of Melbourne.This key transition phase will have you focus on providing design direction across the team and evolving and embedding CityLab’s practice through the strategic development and tactical delivery of a range of initiatives, which will make the new vision of CityLab real for the team, and the organisation.
Your primary accountabilities will be:
- Help shape the vision for the next iteration of CityLab, then design and deliver a range of initiatives to bring it to life.
- Evolve and embed CityLab’s practice through the delivery of tangible artefacts which translate the CityLab vision into action for the team and the organisation
- Provide design leadership and steward design craft to empower project teams; providing guidance, provoking thought, and removing barriers so that all team members can reach their full potential
- Cultivate productive relationships with new and existing stakeholders internally and externally
- Create environments where project teams can do high-quality work for the City of Melbourne
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Extensive experience excelling in a diversity of environments, including design consultancies
- Mastery in multiple areas of technical expertise including service, strategic, experience and visual and communications design utilising Human-centred Design, Lean and Agile methodologies. Your expertise is coupled with a deep love of craft
- Ability to shape strategies and hands on design solutions with a systems thinking mindset
- Proven history enabling cross-functional teams to create powerful, effective, and coherent solutions
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement, and recognise positive impact.
How to apply…As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page)
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Sarah McArthur, Director of CityLab, Applications will be accepted by COB 18th March 2022
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
4606 total views, 6 today