Full Time GUCCI Business Controller
Through our new contemporary vision at Gucci we are inventing a wholly modern approach to fashion and redefining luxury for the 21st century.
As part of the global luxury group Kering, we are committed to ‘empowering imagination’ in a sustainable manner and encouraging our employees to flourish. Join our passionate journey and fulfill your potential and creativity.
We are currently seeking a Business Controller as part of our dynamic team in Australia.
The role of a Business Controller will implement and maintain strong internal controls to ensure compliance with company policy and Australian International Financial Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
How you will contribute
- Ensure financial closing is accurate and complies with company deadlines, and that the reporting package reflects a true and fair view of the business in accordance with accounting standards
- Preparation and review of the annual operating budget and semiannual operating forecasts
- Responsible for month end financial accounting, including all journals, accruals, prepayments
- Prepare Management Reporting Package (MRP) and other monthly financial reports, including Ageing, CAPEX, Sales, Cash, IC reconciliation, Store P & L
- Manage the upkeep of corporate governance standards and measures and ensuring compliance to statutory requirements
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and government authorities on auditing
- Conduct accurate Intercompany Accounting with other Gucci entities
- Ensure all business-related travel and entertainment is correctly authorized and expenses tracked against budget
- Track actual expenditures against budget and make recommendations that result in cost reductions and profit improvement
- Ensure inventory is correctly costed & receipted in the Movex as per LGI invoice
- Assisting Kering logistic team with monthly tracking and ad hoc analysis
- Responsible for the effective management and control of cash and bank accounts to ensure efficient use of working capital
- Responsible for the effective management and control of the divisions’ assets, including maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Work closely with shared service team under KERING Group whom supports Gucci on some transactional activities for Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger and Fixed Assets
- And/or any other ad hoc projects or responsibilities as required
Who you are
- Qualified accountant with post qualification experience within a multinational environment
- An exceptionally strong operational accounting background with exposure in a compliance role
- Strong analytical and numeric skills with budgeting, forecasting and planning exposure
- Mature with effective communication skills with drive, innovation and strong sense of commitment and adaptive to change
- Hands on approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage competing demands and prioritize initiatives in a fluid and dynamic sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent team player with proven ability to partner with finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Strong excel skills with experience on ERP (JD Edwards, SAP and Hyperion a plus)
Why work with us?
This is a great opportunity to join the Gucci adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Start Date: 2020-12-01
Organization:GUCCI AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
How to Apply
Apply via direct link
1695 total views, 5 today