Contract/Temp Grants Support Officer
Grants Support Officer (357311)
Department of Justice
Tasmania Legal Aid
Applications must be submitted by Thursday 03 December, 2020 11:55 PM
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term part time for 12 months
Hours per fortnight
36.75 hours – flexible options available.
- Maintain and create accurate records using “Visual Files”, Legal Aid’s internal electronic client management information system.
- Process, administrate, monitor and review client records, aid applications and contribution payments.
- Undertake client and legal firm integrity checks using a range of internal and external electronic data management systems including the Legal Aid’s Electronic Lodgement Program; and Centrelink’s client management system.
- Liaise with clients and legal representatives to:
- actively follow-up on outstanding information; and
- schedule application reviews for consideration when required.
- Generate and distribute electronic and written correspondence regarding application outcomes.
- Provide information to the Grants and Civil Distribution Fund Manager regarding data integrity, grants and claims processing and review processes.
- Contribute to the improvement in policies, guidelines and practices for Grants in order to enhance services to client, practitioners and other stakeholders.
- Visual Files systems administration experience
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants (DOJ)’ document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4914.
For more information
Grants and Civil Disbursement Fund Manager
Phone: (03) 6236 3800
How to Apply
Apply via direct link
701 total views, 1 today