Full Time FACILITY MANAGER /HANDYMAN
A mature person is required to LIVE ON-SITE and manage a well-established retirement village that is home to a small and happy group of independent seniors. As the ONLY EMPLOYEE of the village, you will need to be a jack-of-all-trades. This position would suit someone who has taken or is nearing early retirement but still needs the stimulation of playing an active role in the community.
MUST have current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate (or be willing to obtain), current driver’s licence, clean driving record and provide a current police report.
Previous experience in a similar role in a small to mid-size residential community (eg: caravan park, motel, etc) or experience working with seniors will be well regarded.
Reporting to the Management Company, the Manager’s duties include but are not limited to:
• providing support to all residents and their family members as needed
• being actively involved in the assimilation of new residents
• attending and participating in meetings of village residents and committees
• being on call to respond to the emergency call system
• attending to the day to day administration of village
• performing routine maintenance tasks for village grounds and buildings, which includes jobs such as mowing lawns and maintaining edges, cleaning out roof gutters on units and community buildings, weeding and planting of new gardens, changing high-placed light globes in residents’ units and community buildings, erecting signs and other basic carpentry work, etc.
• driving the village bus to take residents on regular outings
• assisting with marketing of vacant units when necessary
This position would suit an active and energetic mature person who has administrative skills and is competent in performing a broad range of handyman tasks.
The successful applicant MUST have:
• the ability to relate sensitively senior residents
• a warm and outgoing personality
• proven leadership qualities
• strong communication and negotiation skills
• organisational and time management skills
• administrative capabilities
• reasonable computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• current police report
Attractive salary package including superannuation and ACCOMMODATION ON-SITE IN 2 BEDROOM UNIT. This position is available for IMMEDIATE START.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
482 total views, 3 today