Contract/Temp Executive Assistant
- Exciting Executive Assistant opportunity in a fast-paced, corporate environment
- Competitive salary package and employee benefits
- 12 month fixed-term contract opportunity in Brisbane CBD
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant to support multiple executives within the Brisbane Office.
The Executive Assistant will work directly with General Managers within Procurement and Corporate Relations and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load with the highest level of professionalism and discretion and prioritising tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the General Manager Category Management & Hydrocarbons Services and Property and working in a collaborative community within Procurement team, you will:
- Organise and manage diaries and arrange complex meetings (across multiple time zones);
- Manage all domestic and international travel itineraries/logistics including flight, transfers, visas and accommodation bookings, ensuring cost effectiveness;
- Prepare and revise documents including presentations, emails, agendas and papers for meetings;
- Organise and manage events, including logistics related to venue bookings, catering and equipment, and liaise with both clients and internal parties;
- Raise purchase requisitions, process invoices and manage expenses;
- Screen phone calls and messages, emails, full inbox management and follow-up actions.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- Extensive EA experience at a senior level, supporting executives.
- The ability to make sound, pragmatic judgements, manage competing priorities, work well under pressure and be flexible.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to forward plan.
- Comprehensive experience booking complex travel itineraries and coordinating business visas.
- High level of proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated experience working in a large team environment.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Relevant secretarial or administration qualifications.
- Previous experience with SAP.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Company provided insurance cover
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto Global Procurement ensures resilient supply chains that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through the strategic sourcing and buying of goods and services for our operations. Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through effective supplier partnerships, innovation, easy and standardised processes, e-technology, corporate social responsibility and increased commercial advantage.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
How to Apply
Apply via direct link
991 total views, 1 today