Full Time Employee Relations Consultant
If you’re seeking a new opportunity that will challenge you to think bigger and imagine more, join us and our leading experts at Western Power as we create a new energy future for communities across Western Australia.
Your next opportunity as an Employee Relations Consultant is at our Perth Office on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
You will provide advice and guidance to the business on employee and industrial relation matters, whilst supporting the Senior Employee Relations Consultants and the development and implementation of relevant policies, standards, procedures, and systems in line with broader HR & business strategies.
- Partner with business customers in working towards solutions and providing guidance and advice on specific ER matters including performance management, discipline and termination, redundancy, grievances, union disputes, working arrangements, EEO and operation of industrial instruments.
- Providing advice to employees on the rights and obligations under industrial frameworks.
- Coach and knowledge share with HR colleagues, in particular HR Business Partners.
- Be a key resource in helping resolve employee and/or union-initiated disputes.
- Prepare and draft submissions for matters which proceed to industrial tribunals and participate as required.
- Undertake research and participate in the formulation and negotiation of union enterprise agreements.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Sound and demonstrated knowledge of the current industrial landscape (industrial laws, dealings with unions).
- Sound industry experience in an Employee Relations role providing operational advice and guidance on prevailing industrial legislation, regulations etc.
- Strong negotiation, consultation, and conflict management skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate constructive behaviours.
- Proven ability to partner and work with HR colleagues and managers.
- Proven ability to adjust work style to enable effective outcomes at all levels of the business.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance.
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce.
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year.
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 – 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
How to Apply
Submit your application and be added to our Talent Pools by clicking the ‘apply’ button, if you have the skills and are committed to our values… we will find a place for you!
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months. Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Applications close on 21 November 2023.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
How to Apply
Apply via direct application
284 total views, 4 today