Full Time Crisis and Resilience Regional Manager, Data Centers
At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Google’s technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Organizational Behavior or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in corporate security management.
- 6 years of experience in crisis management and resilience training, development, and delivery.
- Understanding of the crisis management lifecycle, online research tools, and business resiliency framework.
- Ability to lead cross-functional, problem-solving teams using structured approaches.
- Ability to maintain confidence and professionalism when leading others through ambiguous and complex situations.
- Ability to influence and negotiate fairly with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent risk management, analytical, and decision-making skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google’s Compliance, Security and Risk Management (CSRM) team is a dedicated organization protecting the people of Google’s global critical infrastructure. CSRM consists of industry leading professionals who leverage advanced security systems, risk management, and compliance framework programs to support the entirety of Google Data Centers (GDC).
In this role, you will help develop a culture where security, risk, and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google. You will help us continually identify, evaluate, and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop industry leading programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage/support the development and implementation of the crisis management program at the site/regional/global level while maintaining awareness to emerging threats to the business that could result in a crisis.
- Drive the crisis management governance while ensuring a smooth synchronization with all internal and external business partners within GDC.
- Support contingency planning at site, regional, and global level by driving team development strategies that support business level crisis management planning.
- Work in collaboration with the other risk consultant team members to describe the current risk landscape for executive leadership.
- Assess program risks, priorities, critical dependencies, and training needs to ensure a mature program and effective execution.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
4328 total views, 6 today