Full Time Billing Officer
Full Job Description
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Billing Officer at Perth Head Office, on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Billing Officer, you will be required to undertake operational functions required to permit Western Power to calculate and collect its regulated revenue in a timely fashion. Liaise with both internal & external stakeholders, to ensure market participant technical needs and requirements are met.
- Enable effective billing and settlement of the retail and wholesale electricity markets.
- Handling of Billing generated errors and identifying their causes to open communications with other areas with the business, to ensure they are addressed at their root cause
- Rapid transactions to market participants as well as other areas of the business
- Follow and develop processes to allow the Section to deliver its accountabilities in an auditable, cost effective and timely manner
- Deliver on-going service requirements and identify possible significant process improvements
- Take on day-to-day administrative functions, as directed by formal leader
- Zero harm safety indicators
- Efficient and timely delivery of services
- Contributing to improving existing processes and developing new processes, by focusing on being innovative and creative
- Internal and external customer service measurements
- Maintain Western Power’s revenue stream
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Completion of year 12 with English & Mathematics
- 3 + years relevant experience in an equivalent position
- Customer focused with attention to detail
- Electricity industry regulatory knowledge
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 – 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to be launching our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 28th July 2022
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
248 total views, 6 today