Full Time Assurance Management Expert – Team Lead
Location: 833 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3008
Role type: Permanent, full time role
First, a bit about ANZ.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
The purpose of Assurance is to assist Tribes and Australia Division through providing expertise to help them manage risk and protect our customers, bankers and shareholders.
This role sits within the Assurance team whose mandate is to provide first line risk support to the business, developing best practices for operational risk management, uplifting our control environment and supporting the remediation of events and issues across the bank.
As the Assurance Management Team Lead for Retail Distribution you will be accountable for leading a team of assurance managers in providing specialist risk and control guidance and supporting the relevant General Manager in executing their Business Units risk responsibilities across the portfolio:
- Provide assurance over quality and adequacy of risks, key controls, treatments, events, audit items, Operational Risk Assessments across change initiatives and product launches.
- Provide insights, identify trends and make recommendations in relation to how risks are being identified, assessed and treated across the portfolio/tribe.
- Partner with businesses to support them in delivering their own risk management accountabilities (e.g. ORA’s, events, treatments, audit, risk forums) via provision of input, expertise, coaching and guidance.
- Mature risk management ecosystem, including proactively identifying and responding to internal/external influences at a Portfolio/BU/Tribe level.
- Drive improvement in risk capability/culture/awareness and promote operational risk management as a core capability across all BU’s/Tribes.
Who are you?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What you bring to Assurance as a Team Lead of Assurance Management Experts?
- Deep experience across the Distribution business and/or retail product lifecycle
- Hands-on experience in risk management OR internal / external audit
- Strong understanding of products and segment strategies and impacts on operational risks and controls
- Experience undertaking high risk reviews and writing risk submissions
- Strong understanding of relevant obligations and regulatory requirements
- Ability to collaborate with the business to develop effective operational risk management solutions
- Utilise analytical insights and data to identify opportunities to better balance risk with customer propositions
- Desire to create a thorough understanding of how our customers and bankers relate and react to embedding risk management in everyday activities
- Willingness to look at things differently, challenge the status quo and innovate
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to build relationships through a collaborative approach
- Experience in one or more of the following domains – digital and technology solutions – including innovative data solutions/security, customer channels and distribution (retail and commercial), lending products, transactional products, savings and wealth products, business and private banking
You will also have the following specialised skills:
- Experience in risk management OR internal / external audit, coupled with significant banking & finance industry knowledge.
- Tertiary qualified, with strong technically relevant skills and understanding of technology risk and information security risk OR digital solutions.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS124947
How to Apply
Apply via Company link
7205 total views, 1 today