Part-Time ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
St Kilda Steiner Kindergarten is located at 435a Inkerman Street, East St Kilda in the tranquil gardens behind the St James the Great church.
The kindergarten operates a sessional programme from 8:40am to 3pm. Teachers and educators work together in caring for a group of 22 mixed-age (3 – 5yo) children. The teacher and the educators, as part of their daily activities, take care of the children’s environment, the room and the garden.
The kindergarten is looking for a part-time administrative assistant to undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare and send invoices using xero
- Liaising with bookkeeper/treasurer on payments and fees
- Ordering of kindergarten supplies
- Managing the info@ email
- Ensuring risk management forms are filled in and up to date
- Creating casual relief staff list (contacting teachers and educators through email and phone, going through resumes, creating document for office with potential staff details)
- Setting up handovers between committees
- Following up on OHS info from previous parents in the role
- KIM-updating kinder details
- Updating staff info in folder and in soft copy on Drive
- Creating updated list of staff’s qualifications and review dates
- Following up with staff to renew their qualifications
- Update information on committee and parent details.
- Ensuring emergency drills are done every term (in both groups)
- Calling in tradespeople or parent volunteers as required for maintenance
- Forwarding relevant info from Department to staff and committee
- Liaising with cleaners
- Organising staff relief cover
- Creating newsletters in collaboration with the teachers
- Creating Open Day flyers and ensuring distribution through families and social media
- Supporting review process of QIP and policies
- Liaising with relevant parties about student placements
- Liaising with IT, Grants officer and other relevant coordinator roles
- Ensuring Covid regulations are up to date and adhered to
Our kindergarten environment is free of advertising and asks that the children and staff respect this policy in their clothing.
- To be prepared to attend training courses if required, such as first aid.
- Communicate with staff and committee members as required.
- Undertake to maintain clear communications with committee, staff, bookkeeper and parents via phone, email as required.
A confident, quiet and patient manner is seen as important and befitting a mature role model for young children. Willing and good communication is important across the teaching team as well as with the parent body.
Salary & entitlements
Flexible hours and on/off site. Pay is $20/hour for 8 hours a week.
Prospective Applicants require:
Current Victorian WWCC and Police Clearance
Please email cover letter and CV to:
10 April 2021
How to Apply
Apply via company link below
7393 total views, 1 today