Full Time Accounts Receivable Officer
Full Job Description
About UsConnecting people and communities| Driving eCommerce | Moving Australia & New Zealand
With an unrivalled and expansive network, Global Express builds unique, innovative, and tailored transport and logistics solutions.
From a shipload of containers full of fresh produce, urgent medical deliveries on the next available flight, end-to-end retail to every corner by road or rail, or simply delivering gifts to friends and family, we connect people, communities, and businesses across Australia and New Zealand.
Backed by Allegro Funds, Australia’s most awarded and largest transformation and turnaround private equity firm, we’re looking to the future and working towards new and exciting ways to put our customers’ businesses at the heart of ours.
The Accounts Receivable Officer you are responsible for the overall credit management of our debtors for shipping customers. The prime responsibility is to provide a high level of Customer Experience whilst maximising Cash Flow and mitigating Bad and Doubtful debt across a monthly portfolio. The role is heavily relational, continuously liaising with a broad range of people both internally and externally. Strong negotiation reconciliation and influencing skills and a fine balance of empathy and assertiveness will be required to follow up on overdue debt to expedite results relevant to monthly KPIs. Solid time management and reporting skills will underpin the control required to stay on top debt exposure impacting the company’s bottom line.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall accountability for collection results on designated portfolio
- Reconcile accounts as required identifying payment misallocations and other issues
- Drive results associated with department KPIs supporting cash flow maximisation and mitigation of Bad debt exposure
- Organised in portfolio and risk management to quickly identify and escalate problems – customer queries / debt exposure
- Manage debt portfolio of accounts in line with established and agreed frameworks, practices and standards
- Ensure that the debtor maintenance on all accounts is kept up to date
- Raise credits, recharges & journals as appropriate and in in line with Credit policy
- Ensure the currency and accuracy of Customer Master Files including contact details and agreed terms to ensure that this information can be followed and compliance effected
- Ensure appropriate file notes are maintained on all customers, providing an effective audit trail
- Be aware of, comply with and enforce company, legislative and regulatory practices, policies and procedures for all areas applicable to the Credit Services function
An open mindset to continuously develop and strive for a career at Global Express along with a can-do attitude will set you apart.
- 5+ years Demonstrated experience in a similar position
- Commercially astute, professional and mature in driving customer discussions (internally and externally)
- Sound payroll experience and knowledge of payroll procedures
- Experience in handling weekly, fortnightly and monthly pays including multiple payruns or a similar environment
- Expert knowledge in Termination calculations as they relate to taxation and LSL
- Strong knowledge of PAYG, Payroll Tax, Superannuation, Workers Compensation and Long Service Leave
- Ability to interpret various awards/EBAs as they relate to the different Global Express business units
- Make independent judgement – day to day operations, payroll function & procedure
- Possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft office
- Experience in the use of major software payroll packages
We believe nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace, which celebrates different points of view and gives everyone the chance to contribute, as we build to a bigger and brighter future.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
It’s never been a more exciting time to join our team as we take the next step in our journey.
To find out more about us, visit https://www.tgexpress.com.au/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
4426 total views, 6 today