Part-Time Registered Nurse (Part-Time)
- Competitive base salary ranging from $65,050 – $91,350 per annum for Registered Nurses (rates are pro rata for part-time)
- Part-time, permanent position available
- Be part of a University owned, innovative academically integrated healthcare organisation where professional development, ongoing education and career progression are supported and encouraged.
We are currently seeking a mature minded, experienced and motivated Registered Nurse for a part time role in a busy 31 bed general surgical ward. The Ward 4 case-mix includes:
- General Surgery; and
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. The hospital forms part of MQ Health encompassing the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences of Macquarie University, and other specialised clinical services. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney and conveniently placed within walking distance of the new Macquarie University Metro Line, this 152-bed hospital combines state-of-the-art facilities with world’s best clinical practice.
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Post graduate study support through scholarship programs
- Established and clear pathway to a Clinical Nurse Specialist position
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working condition
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Key Accountabilities include:
• Maintains good customer relations in a way that acknowledges dignity, culture, values, beliefs and the rights of individuals and groups.
• Assists with the orientation and support for new staff
• Assists with completion of competency training, growth and development opportunities of self and others
• Adopts a consultative approach within a multi-disciplinary work environment whilst ensuring the patient’s duty of care is fulfilled.
• Ensures timely, open and honest communication with all clients and stakeholders
• Participates in audit preparation and auditing processes
• Adheres to hospital policies and procedures as well as legislation affecting nursing practice at all times
• Ensures all mandatory education and competencies are completed in a timely manner
• Provides care in accordance with documented care or treatment plans while prioritizing workload based on patient needs, acuity and optimal time for intervention.
• Ensure usage of the MQ Health IT systems is in line with the authorization granted to this position
• Works within their scope of practice and practices professionally and ethically according to the aims, objectives and core values of MQ Health and as outlined by the National Practice Standards and Professional Code of Conduct by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
• Demonstrates a willingness to work positively within a team to achieve team goals and the provision of excellence in care/service delivery
• Participates in and contributes to occupational health and safety activities to ensure a safe work environment for clients, community, staff and visitors
• Complies with obligations under Work Health and Safety Act 2012
• Ensures that all documentation is accurate and completed in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with MQ Health Policy
• Participate in the identification, design and implementation of quality improvement activities, including policy review and development, self-initiated and directed by other members of MQ Health.
• Ensures incidences are reported accurately and in a timely manner
• Reviews and evaluates reported incidents and manages risk as per policy
• Evaluates performance in a planned and systematic way and seeks feedback from customers in relation to the service delivered by the unit.
• Seeks out guidance and support from appropriate clinicians as required
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the below requirements in your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Commitment to achieving best practice standards
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and information technology skills
- Commitment to clinical skills development and self-directed learning
- Proven communication and team work skills
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and initiative
- A commitment to deliver exceptional patient centric care
- Well-developed skills to manage conflicting tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to quality assurance activities
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and initiative
Role Specific Conditions:
- Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Immunisation screening
- Valid Working with Children Check
Note: This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with MQ Health’s health requirements and requires a current and valid Working with Children Check Clearance for NSW. You may also have to satisfy MQ Health that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
If you’re already part of the Macquarie Group (MQ University, U@MQ, MQ Health, MGSM), you’ll need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Login to Workday and go to the Careers App > Find Jobs.
03/05/2021 11:59 PM
Equity & Diversity Statement
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
168 total views, 9 today