Full Time Track Machine Technician
Track Machine Technicians – Rail Network Renewals
- FIFO and residential based positions on offer.
- Family friendly 8/6 roster.
- RTIO employee benefits.
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth’s mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We’re committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It’s how we grow – it’s how you grow.
The Rio Tinto rail division has an extensive rail system that extends 1,700 kilometres to our 15 mines across the Pilbara and our four port facilities at Dampier and Cape Lambert. Our fleet consists of 190+ locomotives which are used to pull 48 consists. A pooled-fleet loaded consist is 2.4 kilometres long, travels at speeds of up to 80 kilometres per hour and transports around 25,000 tonnes of iron ore.
The Rio Tinto Iron Ore (RTIO) Rail Maintenance division is responsible for delivering capability, maximizing the sustainable business value and managing the opportunities and risks related to the physical assets of the rail network, ensuring the networks ability to enable the value chain from the mines to the ports in the Pilbara, WA.
About the role
Our team is looking for experienced Track Machine Personnel to operate, repair & maintain the various track surfacing machines in an operational environment on RTIO Pilbara rail network.
The opportunities and responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Operating, repairing and maintaining various Switch/ Production Tamper, Stabiliser & Ballast Regulator Track Machines
- Supporting various rail maintenance activities and projects
- Working on Australia’s largest privately-owned rail network
- Demonstrating your rail and track skills and experience
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role, we require:
- Strong safety values and culture
- On track machinery experience
- Trade background essential
- Winalc software experience – desirable
- Rail maintenance experience, including a good knowledge of rail operations and practices
- Current C Class driver’s license
- Drivers Licence HR – desirable
- Positive team culture and communication skills
- National qualifications (Rail Infrastructure) – desirable
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Our privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of our integrated production process and services our 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track. With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier (7 Mile), each train is operated by a single driver and comprises up to three locomotives and 240 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.7 kilometres in length with over 40 trains operating per day. We are also applying and adapting technology to improve safety and productivity across our rail network.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
197 total views, 9 today