Full Time System Safety Engineer
AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: AU-Protected (Baseline)
At Northrop Grumman , our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Australia provides the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) with through-life support for its fleet of KC-30A Multi-role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft—a derivative of the Airbus A330-200. The platform is a trusted and proven asset and the program is continually growing in capability and expertise.
Due to our continued expansion and growth, we are seeking applications for a Systems Safety Engineer to join the Engineering Operations team as part of the RAMSS Cell. (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and System Safety).
Working closely with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, you will be supporting the System Safety program deliverables to the KC-30A TLS Program with potential scope to support other programs as the System Safety capability grows and matures.
This dynamic role performs a wide range of airworthiness engineering activities that are pivotal to ensuring the airworthiness of the Royal Australian Air Force’s critical platforms now and into the future.
This position is ideally based at RAAF Base Amberley
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Timely review, analysis and assessment of airworthiness related hazards and risks
- Performing technical airworthiness risk assessments
- Maintaining an interface and effective communication with various internal and external stakeholder groups to ensure timely communication of hazards and their recommended treatments
- Timely maintenance of hazard and safety logs in accordance with Commonwealth requirements
- Supporting and participating in various Airworthiness, Hazard Review and System Safety working group forums, meetings and boards
- Performing or reviewing reliability program analysis of safety critical items
- Liaising with other engineering groups and programs to ensure best practice and shared knowledge
Why Northrop Grumman?
As an integral part of the Australian team, you will receive professional development and a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, you will be joining an inclusive work environment built on innovation and respect, supported by the highest ethical standards.
Our Values represent what is important to us at Northrop Grumman and are integrated into all aspects of our employee experience:
- We do the right thing
- We do what we promise
- We commit to shared success
- We pioneer
What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- WellbeiNG Program
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
Essential Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor of engineering (Mechanical/Aerospace preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- An Australian citizen capable of attaining and maintaining an Australian Defence Security Clearance (Essential)
- Experience in fields of System Safety, Aircraft Structural Integrity or Reliability
- Proven experience completing details risk analysis
- Working knowledge of Defence aviation regulations relevant to Airworthiness requirements
- Civil or Military Aviation industry experience
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
694 total views, 6 today