Full Time Strategic Planner
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Strategic Planning you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Strategic Planner you’ll be responsible for supporting the identification, development and implementation of innovative long-term technical solutions to ensure Melbourne Water continues to meet current and future obligations and service needs and achieves strategic goals associated with its wastewater treatment, energy, greenhouse gas emissions reduction and resource recovery services.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse grounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of and experience (preferred) with wastewater process engineering, design, modelling and optimisation associated with large and complex wastewater treatment plants and resource recovery infrastructure.
- Demonstrable ability to manage internal and external resources (scientists, engineers, contractors, specialist consultants), including developing project briefs, assessing proposals, communicating expectations and strategic intent, providing relevant and appropriate input to projects, and project managing external service providers.
- Good knowledge of regulatory environments, guidelines, health and safety issues and customer requirements related to sewerage, recycled water and biosolids services.
- Well-developed analytical skills and an ability to pursue agreed objectives and uses sound problem solving skills to overcome obstacles.
- Robust judgement and decision-making which is objective, evidence-based and applies integrated thinking to deliver the best ‘whole-of- system’ outcome.
- Self-led, takes accountability for delivering outstanding service by actively prioritising workload and contributes to a high performance culture in the team.
- Fostering of constructive and inclusive relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders, and demonstrable ability to negotiate and influence others to deliver agreed project outcomes.
- Identifies and where appropriate implements opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation. Challenges the status quo courageously, clearly and constructively.
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a qualification preferably in Chemical (Process) or other appropriate engineering or science disciplines.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: 4 AUGUST 2020 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police & Qualification Check / Health Assessment is required for this position.
How to Apply
Click on Apply Button
1189 total views, 10 today