Casual Social Research Interviewer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
– Your opportunity to contribute to social change and community development
– Casual employment that provides flexibility to suit your lifestyle
– Pay rates above the industry award, with opportunities for advancement
– Fringe CBD location close to public transport and the Vic Market
The Social Research Centre is a leading industry service provider in the social research space; we connect with people across the country to conduct telephone surveys from our centrally located Melbourne call centre. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a casual role that provides insight into how Australians think and feel about important social issues.
We have a number of vacant positions within our interviewing team for those motivated and ready to experience a job providing a rare and compelling sense of purpose.
Our ideal candidate won’t be looking for a full-time job, rather one that provides the flexibility of working a four-hour shift on your choice of three weekday evenings, and one six hour shift on the weekend.
What you’ll be doing:
As a telephone interviewer, working within a broader team of over 200 others, you will:
– Conduct interviews on a range of topics and issues including National Health, Community Attitudes, Immigration and Graduate Satisfaction;
– Converse with diverse groups in the community about challenging and emotive issues;
– Be available to work a minimum of 3 evenings per week from 4:30 – 8:30pm as well as 1 day of the weekend from 11:00am – 5:00pm (a role requirement).
Our ideal candidate will have:
– A desire to work in a role that contributes to the well-being of Australian people;
– Strong communication skills;
– Resilience when navigating challenging and emotional situations;
– The willingness to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards of performance;
– Experience in dealing with the general public or a predominantly phone based role will be an advantage.
What we offer:
– An opportunity to join a renowned market leader in the Social Research Industry;
– A supportive, development focused culture with ongoing mentorship;
– Access to exciting internal opportunities for career progression.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Please provide your CV and a covering letter that answers the below questions:
1. Have you had any relevant experience that would be beneficial in this role?
2. Rate on a scale from 1-10 how important you believe reliability is for employees within an organisation.
3. Are you fluent in any languages other than English? Would you be comfortable translating or interviewing in your languages known? Let us know!
4. Are you currently studying? (undergraduate, post-graduate?)
5. Are you currently working an additional role? How many hours per week are you working on average?
6. Do you have full Australian working rights?
7. How did you find out about this role?
Applications that do not include answers to the above will not be considered.
For more information including a position description, please contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Research Centre values diversity; when looking for people to join our organisation we invite you to feel accepted to come as you are.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies, thank you.
1485 total views, 1 today