Permanent Sample Preparation Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
• Leading Engineering & Laboratory Business
• Full-time role based in Mulgrave
• Full training provided, ASAP start
Proudly Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in technical consulting, analysis, testing and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
Following the current incumbent’s decision to retire at the end of 2019, after a period of dedicated service to HRL, an opportunity has emerged for a suitable successor.
You will work alongside a seasoned, driven team who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of this business.
About the role
As a Sample Preparation Supervisor, you will work with and lead a range of tasks, primarily focusing on sample preparation that include:
• Sample preparation of a range of various sample types (including coal)
• Operation and maintenance of testing equipment
• Staff supervision
• Maintenance of good housekeeping in the sample preparation and associated areas
• Time and workload management
• Materials/goods handling and gas handling
• Understanding of laboratory methods and procedures
• Supplier relationship management
You will be self-motivated and have a positive, pro-active and flexible approach to undertaking a variety of tasks, including the routine, everyday tasks. You will value excellence and have an open mind and be willing to consider different ways to fulfil your role and satisfy our business needs.
To be successful, you will have:
• A mature outlook and strong work ethic
• A strong safety conscious attitude
• Physical capability and previous experience in a manually demanding role
• Supervisory/people management experience and ability to work as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail
• An ability to troubleshoot/problem solve equipment failures
• Workflow management capability
• Good time management skills
• Knowledge of day to day operations of gas systems
• Minimum Diploma level relevant qualification
• Basic computer skills
• Experience in a similar role (welcome but not essential)
• Valid forklift licence (desirable but not essential)
Along with a competitive remuneration package, HRL offers challenging work, meaningful development opportunities, flexible work arrangements, genuine opportunity to extend your skills, discretional pay and bonuses to eligible employees and privileged, diverse culture built on smart, easy-going colleagues we surround ourselves with. If you join HRL, you are joining a collaborative team that values care, excellence, value creation and agility.
How to Apply
You must have the right to work in Australia, pass a full functional medical assessment and be available to commence no later than 30th September 2019, to ensure a thorough training and hand-over period. People of all ages are encouraged to apply.
If you like what’s on offer, please submit your application with a cover letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this position and a detailed resume, as soon as possible, as we are reviewing and shortlisting applications as we receive them.
688 total views, 1 today