Full Time Process Operator
- Permanent and fixed term contracts
- Based in Bell Bay, Tasmania
- All training provided on the job
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
The role of a Process Operator is vital to the success of our business. Working in a strong team environment, you will be responsible for supporting our operational departments to ensure the safe and sustainable production of aluminium, through the operation of mobile and fixed plant equipment in conjunction with manual duties.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and well being is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Key tasks include:
- Safely working with molten aluminium;
- Preparing, measuring and adding raw materials;
- Preparing, operating and monitoring furnaces, reduction cells and other site processes;
- Following procedures and completing pre-task risk assessments;
- Ensuring the plant is maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition;
- Operating equipment.
These roles are on a 12-hour continuous day and night shift roster.
Successful candidates will be rewarded with an attractive salary, employee benefits and on the job training. Flexible work arrangements (job share) may also be considered.
With current and future vacancies available, this is a great opportunity to join our busy and highly productive operations teams renowned for their world class safety standards and high-quality product.
What you’ll bring
- A desire to learn new things, and an interest in taking on a challenge
- A positive and strong work ethic
- The ability to follow written instructions and work effectively as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
- The ability to undertake physical work in a hot environment
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking, and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical well being support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world’s most widely used metals.
Active in the sector for more than 110 years, today we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries, and have the world’s most modern and competitive aluminium smelter portfolio.
Our Pacific Operations sites are located along the east coast of Australia, at the tip of the Northern Territory and in New Zealand’s south. With more than 6,000 employees, we operate a full value chain approach—mining, refining and smelting. Our portfolio includes four bauxite mines, two refineries, four smelters and one power station, and is supported by technical experts located in our Brisbane hub, including a fully operational Operations Centre for our bauxite mines.
Bell Bay Aluminium is based approximately 50 kilometres from Launceston in Northern Tasmania, and 5km from George Town. The smelter produces primary aluminium products.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Apply via direct link below
789 total views, 6 today