Full Time Principal Advisor – IT Services
Principal Advisor – IT Services
- Key role to lead the global software procurement category
- Join our Global Procurement team
- Brisbane CBD
About your role
As the Principal Advisor – IT Services you will be responsible for partnering with the Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology team to plan, develop and successfully execute the global IT Services category strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and strategic procurement professional with a strong background in IT Services category management. You are a natural leader with a passion for process improvement and transformation and can speak the language of today’s information technology landscape. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Global Technology Procurement you will:
- Develop, implement, monitor and refresh sustainable category strategies for IT Services.
- Take responsibility for procurement activity within the IT Services category.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to build strong relationships and establish alignment on category opportunities, risks and priorities.
- Drive growth in the category through effective partnerships and strategic supplier relationship management
- Provide leadership and direction to team members involved in implementing the category strategies.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have extensive experience in IT Services category management as well as a proven record of leading to drive successful commercial outcomes. Your ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders to drive a culture of collaboration, participation and improvement is essential.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Procurement (RTP) provides supply chain services that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through end to end Category Management (strategy, strategic sourcing, and buying of goods and services and strategic customer, supplier and market management). Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through uniformed processes, e-technology, increased corporate social responsibility and measurable saving for the Group
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
396 total views, 8 today