Full Time Policy and Program Officer
Applications must be submitted by
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award – General Stream Band 4|
|Salary:||$72,887.00 to $84,041.00 per annum|
|Employment Type:||Fixed-term, full-time|
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term until 31 December 2022
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight – flexible options available.
- Conduct research into legal and policy issues and assist with the development of a plan that includes new strategies, policies and procedures to assist electors who may have challenges accessing electoral services
- Consult and liaise with groups or agencies that represent and/or provide services to people with disability and diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Senior Policy Officer, Electoral Commissioner (EC), Deputy Electoral Commissioner (DEC) and other staff on electoral complaints and queries.
- Provide assistance with the management of the political party register.
- Preparation of briefing material, policy papers, research reports and other material on electoral issues.
- Relevant tertiary and/or legal qualifications
- Political neutrality
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please apply online by clicking the blue ‘Apply Now’ button.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants (DOJ)’ document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4914.
For more information
Senior Policy Analyst
Phone: (03) 6208 8713
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
201 total views, 8 today