Full Time Peer Worker or Mental Health Worker Vacancies – Batemans Bay NSW
Flourish Australia has multiple exciting opportunities for Peer Worker and Mental Health Workers to join our Batemans Bay team!
The positions available are closed-term full-time ending October 2021 and the successful candidates will be working a rotating roster including evening and weekend shifts. All positions are classified at Level 3 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018).
About the Opportunities
As a Mental Health Worker or Peer Worker, you will work in the community to support people accessing our services who have a lived experience of mental health issues to achieve their hopes and dreams. You will play an important part in assisting people to maintain wellness and realise their goals. On a day to day basis you will:
- Listen to and create opportunities and activities that meet the interests and goals of people.
- Encourage shared learning experiences, and support skill development at every opportunity through self-directed learning, information and education.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meet their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- Be ‘hands on’ and involved in direct service delivery.
The difference between the two roles is a Peer Worker is required to use their lived experience of a mental health issue and personal recovery openly, appropriately and effectively to build professional relationships with the people they support that also experience a mental health issue.
Peer Workers will also use their lived experience to inform and contribute to staff learning, service understanding, and delivering person-led, strengths focused, recovery based language, documentation, training and actions. As a Peer Worker, you will also use your lived experience to work as an advocate on an individual basis and systemically (as required).
It is not a requirement for Mental Health Workers to use their lived experience of a mental health issue in their everyday work.
For more information about what it means to be a Peer Worker with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description and the Peer Worker information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
For more information on the Mental Health Worker role, please read the Position Description.
Please note- Successful candidates must maintain a Class C driver’s licence. Proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required.
Who we are
- Entry level for graduates with a relevant degree in behavioural sciences or human services; or
- A relevant associate diploma or certificate qualification with relevant experience; or
- At least 1-years relevant experience in mental health attained through previous appointments
- A current Australian drivers licence.
Please note: In addition to the above qualification and experience requirements, if you are applying to be a Peer Worker, you will have a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will also be able to demonstrate how you are able to effectively, respectfully, and appropriately use your lived experience of a mental health issue in your work.
For further information, please contact Sara Robertson, Senior Mental Health Worker. E: email@example.com (please do not email applications)
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900 (casuals ineligible); and
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions; and
- Career development opportunities.
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented further flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
How to Apply
Apply via company site/link
223 total views, 8 today