Full Time Manager, Information Security Risk And Governance
NSW Electoral Commission
The New South Wales Electoral Commission delivers trusted and independent systems, processes, oversight and engagement that support democracy in New South Wales. Our vision is to maintain confidence in the integrity of the democratic process and make it easy for people to understand and participate.
Our work includes:
- Running elections;
- Communicating and engaging with the public and our stakeholders; and
- Investigating possible offences and enforcing electoral laws such as the Electoral Act 2017 and the Electoral Funding Act 2018.
Purpose of the Role
The Manager, Information Security Risk & Governance leads the development and implementation of information security frameworks, policies and processes in line with NSW Government and Industry standards.
The role is ongoing full time
The NSW Electoral Commission is committed to maintaining public confidence in the integrity of the electoral system. The Commission requires all its employees to refrain from membership of any political party and from engaging in political activity which could be seen as reflecting adversely on the strict political neutrality of the Commission. To maintain political neutrality, applicants for roles with the Commission who are, who have been or who may be perceived to be or have been connected with political activities may also be ineligible for appointment and should disclose such information as part of their application. This does not include voting in a Commonwealth, State or Local Government election, which is compulsory in NSW. The Commission’s Political Neutrality Policy may be viewed on its website.
Your employment will be subject to National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or certifications in cyber security management including CISSP, CISM and Security Architecture certifications
- Significant experience managing an information security function
- Solid understanding of the cyber threat landscape and cyber security framework, particularly in NSW government environment.
- Experience in managing and implementing cyber security strategy and architecture in small to medium organisations in a service delivery environment.
- Experience working in project based work and knowledge of project management principles
- Politically neutral with no affiliation to political parties or lobbyists/campaigners
- Satisfactory Criminal Check Result.
- Describe a time when you have had conflicting deadlines. How did you negotiate with stakeholders and still deliver a project within expectations (maximum 300 words)
- Describe your major achievement(s) in successfully implementing policies / procedures / guidelines within previous roles in government or other medium or large organisations (maximum 300 words)
How to apply
As part of your application, you will be asked to respond to the targeted questions above.
You should include a covering letter summarising your skills, knowledge and work experience, along with an up to date resume which clearly detail your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
For further information regarding the role please download the Role Description.
The NSW Electoral Commission embraces diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the population of New South Wales. We welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+, people with disability, mature-age people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
Applications received and completed after closing time will not be considered for selection.
The selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role.
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same work classification that may become available for filling over the next 18 months.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
1382 total views, 6 today