Full Time Leading Hand Natural Resource Management
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent Full Time
- Melbourne – South Region
- Operations and Maintenance, Other
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Supervisor you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
This is a ripper of a team and as the Leading Hand, you’ll be responsible for providing in field oversight to our crew for delivery of natural resources management, occasional civil maintenance and project works on Melbourne Water’s Waterways and Land assets. This role will be based out of the South East Regional Office working in the Dandenong/Bayside area.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities working with and leading crews in Natural Resource Management and/or Land Management, grass management, civil, construction/maintenance environment.
- Certificate/ Diploma in Environmental (or perhaps Civil) disciplines or relevant related work experience
- Other qualifications such as Industry White Card, Chainsaw Ticket, Confined Space Entry, Fall Prevention, Plant Machinery competency, etc.
- Ability to take responsibility for own role in ensuring the safety of all team members and other personnel on site
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to deliver the appropriate outcomes
- Sound interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people both within Melbourne Water, external organisations and with the general public
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment to improve processes, respond to various demands and manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations
How to Apply
Apply On Company Site
1763 total views, 8 today