Contract/Temp Lead Ways of Working, Transformation and Change
Maximum Term Contract up until August 2022
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Lead – Ways of Working, Transformation and Change, you will be responsible for leading and facilitating Technology and Digital Innovation’s evolution into an agile and adaptive branch. You will play a pivotal role in developing an adaptive culture, developing agile ways of working that fit organisational context, embedding a continuous improvement mindset and ensuring everything we do is customer-focused.
You will coach teams and individuals at all levels to identify and implement process improvements using Agile practices and tools, in order to improve both immediate and long-term outcomes. Setting direction and leading communication and engagement processes, you will ensure that project team members and stakeholders remain actively informed and appropriately engaged in the progress of key projects.
Our ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge and understanding of various Agile frameworks and methods. You will be a proactive leader with experience introducing and promoting best-fit ways of working including change management, lean, agile, continuous integration and delivery practices across teams.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in business or technology and relevant experience in leading agile transformation.
- Demonstrated expertise working as an Agile Coach, with in depth experience in leading and facilitating the adoption and evolution of Agile ways of working at all levels.
- Experience in developing and facilitating training to stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong coaching, consulting, mentoring and facilitation skills.
- Experience in using, developing, and leading the embedment and use of digital tools to support Agile delivery.
- Mature partner collaboration and advocacy capabilities, including a solid track-record in establishing and nurturing partnerships in a complex environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the capacity to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to build and manage relationships critical to the delivery of Council’s services.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Catherine Hill, Head of Smart City Incubator.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Thursday 17 June 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
1067 total views, 9 today