Full Time Lead – Portfolio Management and Strategic Alignment
$127,641 plus 10% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Lead – Portfolio Management and Strategic Alignment, you will drive the design and implementation of technology strategies across Technology and Digital Innovation and wider City of Melbourne. This will include the integration of multiple product strategies to achieve prioritisation and streamlining where possible. You will work closely with the Head of Portfolio and Architecture and other key stakeholders to shape both long and short-term Technology and Digital Innovation strategies and prioritisation, and ensure that the various product strategies form a coherent and well-integrated package that facilitates the achievement of both Technology and Digital Innovation and City of Melbourne goals.
You will provide expert advice across the organisation, including insights into new technologies and innovations, to ensure business strategy is aligned with technical and data infrastructure, and those business objectives can be achieved. In addition you will develop and manage consistent and productive strategic partnerships, collaborations and/or sponsorships with community, business, Government groups, Councillors and key corporate stakeholders to achieve quality services and programs of lasting significance that maintain and grow Melbourne’s reputation as a leading Smart City.
As a senior member of the Technology and Digital Innovation team, critical to your success will be your prudent, evidence-based decision-making that is in line with Council’s Governance and ICARE Values.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Demonstrated strong portfolio management skills, including portfolio office reporting processes and governance, risks, resource management, communications and IT strategy. Certifications in PFMP, PGMP, PMP, PRINCE2, MSP will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated strong budgeting and finance skills, ideally in IT domains including Capex and Opex management. Qualifications such as MBA and high competency in MS Excel will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated hybrid program delivery style in waterfall, agile and lean methodologies including capabilities in MS Projects, Primavera, Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge and experience of the design, planning, and implementation of high impact, transformational strategies, working collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders in response to digital and other forms of disruption.
- Knowledge and experience of data governance and cyber security practices, systems, and risk management in organisations with large-scale data environments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply contemporary strategic management and business practices and methods to lead teams of professional staff in the planning of major and complex IT projects that support organisational goals.
- Demonstrated business experience in strategic and operational planning, IT portfolio management, enterprise architecture and business analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, Business Analysis, EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Mature partner collaboration and advocacy capabilities, including a solid track-record in establishing and nurturing partnerships in a complex environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the capacity to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to build and manage relationships critical to the delivery of Council’s services.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Gerard Gan, Head of Portfolio and Architecture.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 11 August 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
882 total views, 6 today