Full Time JVES Senior Mentor
Provide tailored services to improve work-readiness of disadvantaged jobseekers & engage with employers to identify job opportunities
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Jobs Victoria Employment Service (JVES)
The Jobs Victoria Employment Service (JVES) is the Victorian Government’s major activity to help disadvantaged Victorian jobseekers gain employment. JVES services are delivered by specialist employment experts who work closely with employers to identify job opportunities and prepare job seekers for those roles.
JVES includes services that:
- focus on disadvantaged Victorian jobseekers who require assistance to gain employment
- actively engage with employers to identify job opportunities and assist in meeting industry workforce needs
- offer flexible services designed to meet the needs of disadvantaged jobseekers and responsive to particular local / regional needs
- link to community support services to meet the needs of disadvantaged jobseekers and maximise employment outcomes
- address gaps in and complement existing services, including Commonwealth services
The targeted demographics for this JVES program are:
- Young People In Out-Of-Home Care
- Youth Justice Clients
- Aboriginal Jobseekers
- Single Parents
- Low Income
- Mature Age Jobseekers
- Disengaged Young People (Aged 15-24 And Not Engaged In Education, Training Or Employment)
- Jobseekers With A Disability
- Jobseekers With A Mental Illness
- Social Housing Tenants
- Veterans And Their Families
- Long Term Unemployed (6-12 Months or Greater Than 12 Months)
- People From Culturally Diverse Communities
- Refugees And Asylum Seekers
About the role
As a JVES Senior Employment Mentor you will be responsible for providing tailored services to improve work-readiness of disadvantaged jobseekers and engaging with employers to identify job opportunities to support these jobseekers transition successfully into employment.
The JVES Senior Employment Mentor will be responsible for providing mentoring, support and direction to the JVES team members.
In the absence of the JVES Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operations of specific employment program functions as agreed from time to time and be responsible for providing Team Performance reports to Management.
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience (or capacity) to improve job-readiness of disadvantaged Victorian jobseekers into employment
- Proven success in achieving employment outcomes for disadvantaged Victorian jobseekers
- Ability to communicate, liaise and network with employers and community support services in a professional manner
- Ability to coach, mentor and guide other members of a work team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated experience in personal organisation and time management
- Be results driven, passionate about performance and able to meet KPIs
- Capacity to fulfil reporting and administrative requirements associated with the position
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Current driver’s licence
- Valid Working with Children Check card
- Successful Police Check to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
638 total views, 10 today