Full Time High Voltage Electrician
- Permanent full-time role
- Residential, family friendly location
- Culturally unique, coast role – Gove
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a High Voltage Electrician Tradesperson to join the RTAG maintenance Team.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude along with good fixed plant and distribution network experience.
In addition to paying competitively and providing a great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Crew Leader and working 4-days on, 4 days off you will be:
- Operating a HV network to facilitate day to day operations as well as maintain power supply to the town ship;
- Writing High Voltage switching programs;
- Planned maintenance during shut down requirements;
- Performing breakdown Maintenance on the HV network;
- Responsible for providing permits isolations and access to apparatus for various workgroups;
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety in order to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A Current Northern Territory Electrical Trade Certificate
- A current manual “C” class driver’s license (HR licence desirable)
- Current HVIA certificate
- Demonstrated recent experience in HV switching operations
- Experience in Transformer repairs and testing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills
- Exposure to basic computer skills including SAP
- Experience in an ore processing facility preferable
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidized private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Our Gove Operations have been supplying the global aluminium industry with world-class bauxite for more than 40 years. Located in Australia’s Northern Territory, each year the operation produces approximately 12 million tonnes of bauxite.
With a workforce of 460 people, daily activities include mine operations, maintenance, asset management, shutdown planning and execution, export operations, cultural heritage management, and closure activities following our decision to close the site’s alumina refinery and associated Residue Disposal Area in 2017.
We expect our bauxite mining operations on the Gove Peninsula will cease in 2030 and we are undertaking significant work to support closure of the operation. We also recognise our operations take place on Indigenous-owned land, and we are committed to working together to achieve a positive future for Nhulunbuy and the Gove Peninsula post-mining.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
329 total views, 11 today