Full Time Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
- Opportunity to inform, advise and influence senior operational leaders
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Brisbane based role – flexible work options
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to support the senior leadership team by providing high quality financial support to both the Bell Bay Site and the Pacific Corporate Smelting Teams and leading the site based finance teams to ensure core tasks are executed to a high standard.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
This role is a great opportunity for an energetic and performance driven individual who is keen to work in a technologically advanced, energy-efficient and cost competitive organisation. Reporting to the Finance General Manager Pacific Operations, you will:
- Engage with Senior Leaders and the operational teams to identify, advise and evaluate productivity and value creation initiatives.
- Prepare insightful monthly financial analysis assessing how the operation has performed against forecast, budget and year on year metrics.
- Act as liaison/support for site governance activities so that key business risks are prioritised and resourced
- Add consistent application of the Rio Tinto financial evaluation and risk tools to assess opportunities
- Coach and build business acumen with key stakeholders in financial knowledge and the use of information systems to determine cost and budget outcomes (operating and capital expenditure) and to improve understanding of the financial implications of decision making.
- Play a key role to support the operations’ delivery of the annual plan submissions with supporting analysis and insights.
- Leverage operating model to support site finance teams, be the conduit between finance group functions and sites
- Supporting corporate & commercial planning & forecasting activities (S&OPetc)
- There will be some limited travel to our Tasmanian site as part of this role
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Experienced finance generalist with strong commercial skills
- Degree qualified, an accounting qualification not essential
- Someone who can communicate and influence at General Manager level
- A demonstrated understanding of business planning, analysis, diagnostics and communication skills that will enable you to add value by recommending new ideas and process improvements
- MS Excel spreadsheet skills
- Demonstrated ability and interest in challenging ‘accepted’ operational processes / constraints to find more effective ways of operating.
- Ability to engage, influence and form productive relationships spanning several layers in the organisation
- Beneficial to have a working knowledge of SAP
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we support you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
How to Apply
Apply via employer direct link
206 total views, 3 today