Full Time Executive Manager, Ten to Men study
Are you highly skilled at managing the implementation of major research projects? Do you have exceptional leadership and project management skills? Are you experienced at managing relationships with project collaborators and key stakeholders?
The Australian Institute of Family Studies is looking for an exceptional leader to lead AIFS’ work on Ten to Men: The Australian Longitudinal Study on Male Health (TTM), a national longitudinal study of the health and lifestyles of Australian men at different stages of life.
Getting to know AIFS
We are the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian Government’s key independent research body and advisor in the area of family wellbeing, based in the Melbourne CBD. We produce research about ‘what works for families’ and make it accessible to decision makers, practitioners and the general public.
About the role
The Executive Manager, TTM will lead a team and coordinate the management of the content, methodology and fieldwork activities for the study, as well as the resulting data management and releases, and data analysis and publications. An important initial part of the role will be outlining a vision for the future of the study. The Executive Manager will also work closely with external stakeholders including government agencies, expert and community advisory groups and suppliers, as well as the executive team and other managers at the Institute.
As a senior leader within the Institute, the Executive Manager, TTM will role model the AIFS and APS Values and demonstrate leadership and collaboration across research and corporate areas. In addition to leading the delivery of complex research projects and programs, they will help shape the strategic direction of their research area and the Institute more broadly. The successful person will have:
- Demonstrated expertise and a proven record of leading complex social research projects, including large-scale surveys (preferably longitudinal) on topics including men’s health
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering high-quality projects, monitoring progress, identifying and addressing risks, adjusting plans, and seeking and responding to feedback from stakeholders
- Experience producing high-quality written research material in various forms in a style and format easily understood by policy makers, researchers and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong relationship management and communication skills including the ability to confidently interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally, recognising shared interests and working toward mutually beneficial outcomes
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills with a focus on developing and coaching others and providing guidance to build performance
- Ability to foster a positive team culture with a strong focus on reaching both project and organisational goals
- Understanding of the Institute’s work and position in government, including key priorities, deliverables and outcomes, and the ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the Institute
- Qualifications (or equivalent relevant experience) in a discipline relevant to men’s health and/or longitudinal research.
The duties of the Executive Manager, Ten to Men may involve:
- managing major research projects, programs and contracts, including setting clear direction, monitoring progress, managing risks, responding to changes and delivering high-quality results
- building and managing stakeholder relationships by providing information, research expertise and specialist advice to key stakeholders, including funding bodies, policy makers (in government and service provision agencies) and practitioners
- leading and managing a team of researchers responsible for delivering research projects, including managing performance, guiding development, and providing feedback
- leading or contributing to the development of research proposals including collaborating with others and providing subject matter expertise for cross-team responses
- managing relevant budgets and other resources in line with AIFS’ obligations and procedures
- undertaking research to contribute to the achievement of organisational goals
- communicating research findings and representing the Institute at relevant conferences, webinars, workshops, teleconferences, meetings and other events.
- contributing to the senior leadership and strategic direction of AIFS.
The Executive Manager, Ten to Men study position may be offered on an ongoing or non-ongoing basis of up to 18 months (with the possibility of extension for up to three years) on a full-time basis.
To be eligible for engagement, applicants must be Australian citizens unless special approval is given. For example, applicants with permanent resident status who have applied or intend to apply for Australian citizenship may be considered for engagement.
Conditions of engagement including probation, health and character clearances (including police records check, Working with Children Check and security clearance) may apply to this position.
Working at AIFS
We provide a family-friendly and flexible workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce. Benefits include workplace health and wellbeing activities, a healthy promotion allowance and Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits. Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and covering letter together with an AIFS application form [PDF, 1.29 MB] to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, tell us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications will make you a great fit for the job.
For further information, contact Human Resources on (03) 9214 7888.
Applications close Monday 26 July 2021 at 5.00 pm.
AIFS is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, mature age people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTI+, and people with parenting and/or caring responsibilities.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
648 total views, 11 today