Contract/Temp Executive Assistant
- Join a leading global company
- Perfect for an individual who thrives on challenge
- Become and invaluable asset to our Reputation & Brand Team based in Melbourne on a 12-month Contract
About the role
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to make valued contributions to our Reputation & Brand Division working within a small team based in our Melbourne offices and be part of a larger global team offering flexible working conditions.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, highly organized, resourceful and adaptable individual to take on a varied and challenging role where you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact the success of the team whilst demonstrating effective communication and collaboration. Your keen eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills will see you become a highly valued team member.
As an administration professional you will find it second nature to multitask, think on your feet and anticipate needs ahead of time. With your experience, you’re able to manage complex global calendars and schedules with ease whilst maintaining confidentiality when appropriate.
Reporting to the Head of Reputation & Brand and working within a team environment together with being adaptable to working autonomously when required, you will:
- Coordinate internal meetings, including booking of meeting rooms and video conferencing, organising equipment, agenda management and action items, manage and attend meetings to take minutes (when required) with complex time zone differences
- Support external meetings and events including sending invitations and managing RSVPs, agenda management and action items (as appropriate)
- Provide diary management to the General Manager, by proactively managing their day, ensuring they are fully prepared for all meetings with papers (where required).
- Monitor and action emails together with escalating and delegating where appropriate
- Create and manage distribution lists, purchase orders, payments and expense management
- Track and report on team budgets and prepare reports for team meetings
- Manage IT and HR internal tickets and follow up on delays accordingly
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A helpful “can do” attitude with good problem-solving attributes
- The ability to manage competing priorities, work well under pressure, and be flexible
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to forward plan and collaborate
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with administration and/or project support or advertising/media background preferably on a global scale
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Proficiency in the MS suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Forms etc.) with SAP or similar experience desirable and an ability to learn new internal systems proficiently
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” –helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
You will be based at our Melbourne Office premises, working Monday to Friday.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to self-relocate to Melbourne, VIC.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close on the 2nd August 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
86 total views, 10 today