We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Lead Operator you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As an Eastern Treatment Plant Operator you’ll be responsible for working closely with the wider team to assist monitoring plant performance, ensuring a safe working environment for capital or maintenance works and operating the plant to ensure compliance with Melbourne Water and regulatory requirements.
Some key duties will include;
- Monitor and operate primary, secondary and tertiary processes using SCADA and other systems to ensure plant availability is maintained and facilitate necessary corrective actions as required;
- Carrying out routine inspections of complex equipment including a power station, large pumps and motors, liquid and gaseous chlorine, liquid and gaseous oxygen, ozone and associated protection and alarm system checks ensuring all MHF and safety controls are followed.
- Review applications to work and risk assessments by maintenance providers / contractors, prepare permits to work, isolate necessary energy sources and issue appropriate permit using Melbourne Water procedures
- Investigate operational and reliability issues and implement solutions
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Growth & Development
We’re a curious bunch at Melbourne Water and relish any opportunity to learn something new. We are in the business of enhancing life and liveability, which lends itself to re-imagining what’s possible and challenging the status quo. We offer a variety of learning opportunities; from formal development programs, digital learning content and lunch & learns; to visiting our sites and getting to see our initiatives and projects first hand. We believe that learning happens every day, so we support our people to continuously learn and experiment in the flow of their work, designing their own development path.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful you will have a catalogue of knowledge expected from that of an experienced tradesperson or Operator with relevant past experience.
- Experience with the operation of any water, waste water or production plant
- Experience working in a mechanical or electrical trades environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using MS office suite of products
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required and qualifications in the following areas would be highly regarded although we will consider candidates with relevant experience;
- Mechanical or Electrical trade qualification
- A relevant Certificate 3 or greater in Water or Waste Water Operations
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: ETP Operator Position Description .pdf
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 5th September 2021 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment and a Victorian driver’s license is required for this position.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
359 total views, 9 today