Full Time Controllers – Perth Operations Centre
- Perth based role – Operations Centre
- Newly introduced 6-hour shifts – 6 on/ 6 off shift roster, 9-3 or 6-12 options
- Unique lifestyle roster which helps you balance work and life!
About the role
We are looking for experienced Controllers to join our team, supporting our Pilbara Operations with safe co-ordination of site-based equipment from our state-of-the-art remote operations centre near Perth airport.
These roles are a great opportunity for experienced Controllers looking for a better work/ life balance and wants to join a diverse and supportive team. Due to growth, we have opportunities in Pit, Plant, Autonomous Drill Systems and Asset Health Control.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible. Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Working a 3 days, 3 nights, 6 off roster and reporting to Control Supervisor, you will be:
- Central point of communication utilising our fleet management dispatch systems
- Responding to various site requests from the OC for the purpose of managing assets and plant
- Working closely with the peers including Pit / Plant / Autonomous Drill Systems / and Asset Health team to coordinate activities and increase efficiencies in large-scale operations within RTIO
- Work closely & effectively communicate with upstream & downstream stakeholders
- Communicate with impact to ensure relevant information is collated in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate emergency response within the operations
- A positive and proactive team member that has a strong drive to achieve safety and production outcomes
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A strong work ethic with the willingness to succeed and make all KPI’s set within the role
- Sound communication and computer skills
- Strong forward-thinking mindset and strategic and analytical skills
- The ability to multi-task within a busy work environment
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Pit, Plant, Autonomous drilling control, OR mobile equipment asset health monitoring experience
- Knowledge of open cut pit mining, mobile equipment, and fixed plant operations
- Demonstrated experience in the production mining field
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Our integrated iron ore network is supported by our Operations Centre (OC) in Perth, a state-of-the-art facility that enables all the autonomous trucks, trains and drills at our mines, ports and rail systems to be operated from a single location. The Centre incorporates visualisation and collaboration tools to provide real-time information across our demand chain and allows us to optimise our mining, maintenance and logistic activities across the Pilbara in a way never before possible. Located near the Perth domestic airport, the OC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to coordinate our integrated network of mines, rail, and ports from 1,500km away.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Applications for this role will close on 22/04/2020, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
307 total views, 8 today