Full Time Conservation & Land Officer Melbourne Water
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader Western Treatment Plant (WTP) and Sewage Transfer (ST) Environmental and Systems Compliance you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Conservation and Land Officer you’ll be responsible for ensuring WTP biodiversity values are maintained and relevant conservation, land and agriculture obligations are met on site. This is through a combination of direct fieldwork such as managing conservation pond levels for shorebirds, and overseeing the work of others such as monitoring and coordinating environmental flow delivery.
In addition, you will;
- Manage wildlife incidents of sick, injured or dying animal at WTP following MW procedures for monitoring, notification, management of carers and reporting.
- Monitor assets/infrastructure, report on land management effectiveness for Terrestrial Margin and agricultural lease areas as directed.
- Support the management of on-ground weed and vermin control program by monitoring condition, mapping key values, scoping rectification work and reviewing preventative maintenance programs.
- Manage and support external inspections for Essential Safety Measure inspections conservation and leased areas.
- Facilitate access and inductions for approved consultants, contractors and researchers.
A large portion of the role will be spent in the field, on the large WTP property.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Growth & Development
We’re a curious bunch at Melbourne Water and relish any opportunity to learn something new. We are in the business of enhancing life and liveability, which lends itself to re-imagining what’s possible and challenging the status quo. We offer a variety of learning opportunities; from formal development programs, digital learning content and lunch & learns; to visiting our sites and getting to see our initiatives and projects first hand. We believe that learning happens every day, so we support our people to continuously learn and experiment in the flow of their work, designing their own development path.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess and utilise emerging technologies to improve data gathering and site condition monitoring.
- Project management and contractor management knowledge
- Conservation land management methodology and technique
- Technically competent with IT Systems and a desire to learn systems utilized by Melbourne Water such as Iris, Chemalert, HR Online, Maximo, Finance1, GIS
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a love of the outdoors in varying environmental conditions and tertiary education desirable or relevant other training in and around environmental or conservation land management.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position Description-Conservation & Land Officer .pdf
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 6th June 2021 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Medical Health Assessment is required for this position and a full clean driver’s license with the ability to swim at a competent level.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link below
1101 total views, 10 today