Apprenticeship Business Traineeship Opportunities (12 months)
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
GYMPIE REGIONAL COUNCIL
Councils are amazing places
Councils are amazing places for passionate people to work because councils are passionate about their communities. Councils offer a diversity of career options, job satisfaction, high regard for safety, flexible workplaces and job security because they want their communities to have the best service possible.
Best of all they are located where you are.
This Skilling Queenslanders for Work project is proudly funded by the Queensland Government.
What is a Traineeship with Gympie Regional Council?
If you think a career in business administration might be your career of choice, this traineeship opportunity might be for you!
A traineeship with Gympie Regional Council will give you the opportunity to complete a qualification while learning skills in the local government sector under the guidance of Council staff and a training provider. This traineeship is full time for a fixed period (that is for the length of the traineeship) and offers a person without prior qualifications the chance to gain skills for employment within local government.
What are the benefits of a Traineeship with Gympie Regional Council?
- you’ll receive formal training towards a qualification in Business
- you’ll earn money for the time you spend working towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification
- you’ll get hands on experience with all the latest knowledge and skills in a real job environment
Who can participate in this Traineeship Program?
This is an entry level position that is funded by the Queensland Government. The First Start program aims to provide eligible job seekers with opportunities to gain a qualification whilst providing full time employment for a 12 month period.
The First Start program primarily targets young Queensland school leavers and disadvantaged job seekers considered at risk of enduring prolonged periods of unemployment.
Disadvantaged groups include:
- young people (aged 15–24 years), including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care
- long-term unemployed job seekers Ÿ mature-age job seekers (aged 45 years or older)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people with disability
- displaced workers
- women re-entering the workforce
- veterans, ex-ADF personnel and their families
To be eligible, disadvantaged Queenslanders must also be:
- aged 15 years or older and no longer at school
- able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship
- be eligible to undertake a traineeship
Eligibility in the traineeship program may be affected by prior completed qualifications or traineeships.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities of a Traineeship
A traineeship means you are learning on the job. You will normally be given time once a week to work on the required modules of the traineeship, however, it will also be your responsibility to complete module work in your own time to meet your training plan time frames. You will be required to follow instructions from a supervisor who will guide you through task completion, and you will also be expected to manage your own time during work to complete tasks assigned to you by designated time frames. Your role may involve customer service, data entry and general administration tasks.
For a full position description, please click here.
Conditions of Employment Relating to a Traineeship
- Full time fixed term position for the duration of the traineeship
- 9 day fortnight working arrangement.
- Remuneration – starting from $757 per week, dependent upon age, experience and type of traineeship
- Optional superannuation.
Who to contact
For information regarding the requirements of this opportunity, please contact Amanda Brady, Coordinator Organisational Development on 5481 0625 or via email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council’s online system, please contact Sue Rossi, Officer Recruitment on 5481 0687 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to Apply?
You must apply before the Closing Date/Time: Sunday 3 December 2023 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council’s online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
230 total views, 7 today