Contract/Temp Business Manager – Merrimac State High School
About the School
Founded in 1979, Merrimac is a coeducational, non-selective, public school for students from 12 to 17 years of age. The school has two phases of education; Junior Secondary for students in years 7, 8 and 9 and Senior Secondary for years 10, 11 and 12. During the Senior Secondary phase of learning students have an opportunity to choose either an academic and/or vocational program.
The school is located in the geographical heart of the Gold Coast, close to beaches, public transport and shopping centres. The extensive 10.4 hectare site is well laid out with mature trees and gardens that offer outdoor eating areas and shaded meeting spaces. In addition to general classrooms the school also has a library, swimming pool, sport and assembly hall, gymnasium, tennis, basketball and netball courts, ovals, performing arts theatre, music rooms, home economics kitchen, hospitality centre, dance studio, art rooms, robotics laboratory, canteen and administration centre.
As the Business Manager you will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the following:
- Operate autonomously to undertake day to day office procedures within well-defined policies (e.g. reception, arranging appointments, correspondence, maintaining school records and general administration); and utilise information and management systems (e.g. OneSchool) to support effective and efficient reporting and administration.
- Undertake the day to day supervision and management of school support staff, including monitoring workloads and performance (working in collaboration with the Principal for any difficult performance management situations); identifying workforce capability requirements; and role modelling performance standards. In addition, this role will oversee the signatories/approval of timesheets, leave applications, rosters, and arrange relief for school support staff; and organise, undertake and coordinate the recruitment, induction and training of school support staff.
- Assist the Principal with the preparation of the school budget and administer day to day financial matters (i.e. accounts payable/receivable, corporate card monitoring, reconciliations, banking). Input and export data to/from OneSchool for the Principal, to assist with budgeting and financial management.
- Assist the Principal with the management and coordination of school resources, assets and facilities (e.g. maintaining the asset register, organising repairs, facilities and grounds maintenance, planning and review of minor works etc.), engage external advice where appropriate and offer problem resolution support.
- Arrange technical support/maintenance as required with regard to the operation of computers, ipads, digital whiteboards, scanning and other technology/equipment.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the Human Resources and Cleaning Team within the school. HR and Payroll experience within a school environment is highly desirable.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume (maximum 3 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed’ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
How to Apply
Apply via company site
440 total views, 32 today