Full Time Auto Electrician – Heavy Mobile Equipment
Auto Electricians – Heavy Mobile Equipment – Pilbara Region
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Pilbara locations – 2 weeks on, 1 week off – FIFO from Perth, Broome or Busselton
- Competitive salary with outstanding company benefits
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for qualified Auto Electricians to perform planned preventative and breakdown maintenance across our extensive fleet of heavy mobile equipment.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with strong teamwork values to join an iconic world leader in innovation and technology.
Working 7 days on, 7 nights on, 7 days off commuting from Perth, Busselton or Broome, depending on the site and reporting to the Supervisor Mobile Equipment, you will be required to:
- Carry out scheduled and breakdown maintenance to a variety of heavy mobile equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections
- Ensure that maintenance standards are kept at a high quality
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the equipment or work procedures
What you will bring
- An Auto Electrical Trade Certificate
- An Australian C Class manual drivers’ licence or higher
- Experience in maintenance and fault finding of all mobile mining equipment especially Komatsu electric drive trucks
- Experience working on open cut mobile equipment including Caterpillar, Komatsu and surface drill rigs
- Familiar with SAP or similar maintenance system
- Strong fault finding and good all-round skills
- High Risk Licences such as Forklift and EWP
- Working at Heights
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world plus explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world’s largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Applications for this role will close on 16/03/2021, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier than stated.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.
How to Apply
Apply via company link below
567 total views, 6 today