Full Time Associate/Registry Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Applications close:||Wednesday 21 July, 2021 11:55 PM AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award – General Stream Band 4|
|Salary:||$72,887.00 to $84,041.00 per annum|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, full-time|
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTIQ+) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight – flexible options available.
- Provide a high level of executive assistance and administrative support to members of the Commission.
- Prepare draft orders, awards, correspondence and related Commission documents.
- In consultation with the Commissioner and the Registry, set down hearings.
- Attend Commission hearings (state-wide) and attend to procedural requirements including the proper and accurate recording of Commission proceedings.
- As required, liaise directly with employers, employees and their representatives to facilitate Commission proceedings.
- Ensure that all files are accurately maintained, data bases completed and timelines met.
- Proactively follow up with stakeholders to ensure that matters are considered and concluded in a timely manner.
- Undertake legal research tasks.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying jobs at this classification level.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
• Arson and fire setting
• Violent crimes and crimes against the person
• Sex-related offences
• Drug and alcohol related offences
• Crimes involving dishonesty
• Crimes involving deception
• Making false declarations
• Malicious damage and destruction to property
• Serious traffic offences
• Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
• Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
• Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV. We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please note if you submit the details of your referees with your application the Selection Panel may contact them without notifying you.
Please apply online by clicking the blue ‘Apply Now’ button.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants (DOJ)’ document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4914.
For more information
Phone: (03) 6165 6771
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
164 total views, 3 today