Full Time Assistant Client Service Officer Tasmanian Government – Hobart
Assistant Client Service Officer (356389)
Department of Justice
Births Deaths and Marriages
Applications must be submitted by Thursday 17 September, 2020 11:55 PM
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Hours per fortnight
Permanent, full time, 73.50 hours per fortnight – flexible options available.
- Attend to customer enquiries over the phone, by mail and e-mail.
- Liaise with Service Tasmania staff in the provision of basic information relating to the procedures, practices and legislation administered by the Registry.
- Prepare routine correspondence, receive and process applications including the printing of certificates and preparation of outward mail.
- Undertake accurate searches of births, deaths and marriages, electronic and hard copy records.
- Assist and support staff in all areas of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, as required.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants (DOJ)’ document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4904.
For more information
Registrar Births, Deaths and Marriages
Phone: (03) 6165 3451.
How to Apply
Apply via employer direct link
3152 total views, 7 today