Contract/Temp Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Various)
Department of Justice
Corporate, Strategy & Policy
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 01 August, 2021 11:55 PM
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTIQ+) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term casual for a period of 12 months
Hours per fortnight
Casual hours as and when required
Please note, subject to the duration of the casual engagement, the occupant may be required to undertake all or part of the following duties:
- Perform a wide range of administrative and clerical functions, including: reception, data entry, maintenance of data bases and mail handling.
- Provide administrative support for meetings as required, including: venue organisation, collation and distribution of agendas, as well as attending and assisting at meetings as required.
- Provide personal and telephone reception facilities of a high quality ensuring sensitive and confidential handling of enquiries, including: attending to public inquiries, liaison with government agencies, the legal profession and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation and collation of draft reports, correspondence and other documentation.
- Assist in diary management, file management and archiving processes.
- Perform other tasks relevant to the skills and experience of the position holder and classification of the position.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV. We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please note if you submit the details of your referees with your application the Selection Panel may contact them without notifying you.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants (DOJ)’ document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6165 4914.
For more information
Senior Consultant Human Resources
Phone: (03) 6165 54906
How to Apply
Apply via company link below
133 total views, 15 today